3.12.2011

Crépes

photo from Ashley

My old hawaii-roommate Ashley did a post on my (ok my mom's) crépe recipe and I was reminded of how oh so good they are. Almost made me run to the store tonight to buy a pallet of strawberries so I could whip some up. The photo is courtesy of Ashley as well, I stole it because she is a much better photographer than I. We used to make these crépes all the time in hawaii for roommate dinners. They are SUPER easy and SUPER tasty. You just throw all the ingredients in a blender and whala. Dave and I like them best with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, powdered sugar (powdered sugar from Sweden is the BEST, my best friend brings us some when she comes down and it is the fluffiest, yummiest, sweetest...ok moving on..) and sometimes Nutella. Try them out, you wont regret it. Especially since strawberries are now coming in season you can get them for cheap! Eat up!

CREPES
4 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup water

2 TBSP melted butter

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour

3/4 tsp. salt

1 1/2 TBSP sugar (I actually do 1 TBSP granulated sugar and 1 1/2 TBSP powdered sugar to make them extra GOOD)

I just throw it all in the blender at one time and mix it up good! Have pan on medium heat. Spray the pan with pam, slowly pour the batter in one spot and then swivel the wrist to have it cover the whole pan. It truly is an artform :) You are ready to flip it when the edges curl up and there are bubbles in the center. (Sorry for the excess of simple "you probably already know how to do this" directions, but I know that I like to know just how they do EVERY step when I try a new recipe so there you go). This recipe is really easy to alter depending on how sweet you like them. This recipe feeds about 4 people having about 3-4 crepes each. Half the recipe for two people. Happy Crépeing!

No comments: