10.21.2013

Sally's Blessing Day










Sally's baby blessing was on Sunday, August 18th. What a beautiful day and a beautiful event.

I wrote in my journal that day, and I think it sums up my feelings better than I can re-write them...so I will just share what I wrote.

"Sally Marie Facer was blessed today by her dear father. She was given "a name and a blessing." This was such a monumental day for me. I remember when I was young, I used to admire the young couples that would have their babies blessed. I looked up to them and wanted to experience that for myself one day. And here we are! Time does fly. As Dave and I were driving to church, we were discussing how today is one of those benchmark days - a day to check yourself on this journey of life. It is one of those experiences where you feel that you are doing the right thing, at the right time, and that the Lord is pleased. Good things - we are both active in the church, Dave is a worthy priesthood holder who can bless our sweet daughter, we chose to start a family even though circumstances may be difficult. All these decisions are correlated with blessings. And we felt so blessed today. I am so grateful for the life that I have."

Sally wore the blessing dress that my Grandma Bost sewed for me when I was blessed. That was a special sight to see my daughter looking so much like I did 24 years ago. I love my sweet angel. She really did look like she was straight from heaven. We were nervous she would cry during the blessing, but she did great and slept through the whole thing! Dave gave the sweetest blessing. One thing that stood out to me was that she was blessed to have a wonderful sense of humor and that she will be able to find joy in life.

Isn't that what it is about? Finding joy in the journey.

No comments: