10.17.2011

cinnamon toast and a book

(picture: stack of books in our house that I have collected this past year)
. The family just left today :( They were up here for a wedding (Kevin & Lea) and it was so good to relax and enjoy family time this weekend. You can always count on good story telling and intense games when McAffee family gets together. We love it.
. Still on the job hunt....but I think something will come through this week. Fingers crossed.
. Currently listening to christmas music on pandora. As soon as the cold weather hits, it is suddenly all I want to listen to. What is your favorite Christmas song? One of mine is "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey (so cheesy I know, but I can't help but get so happy and dance around when I hear it).
. Christmas music cannot be listened to without some cinnamon toast and a good book.
. Dave and I just finished reading The Help last night. We are going to see the movie tonight. Reading 500+ pages together was pretty neat, and we definitely channeled the southern accent by the end. I think we are going to find another book and keep doing it. I am also right in the middle of reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I have never read any of her books, but I am really enjoying this one. I definitely have to be wide awake when I read it though because the language is so foreign to me.
. Hope all of you are doing well and getting excited for the holidays, we sure are.

No comments: